14The days are surely coming, says the LORD, when I will fulfill the promise I made to the house of Israel and the house of Judah. 15In those days and at that time I will cause a righteous Branch to spring up for David; and he shall execute justice and righteousness in the land. 16In those days Judah will be saved and Jerusalem will live in safety. And this is the name by which it will be called: “The LORD is our righteousness.”
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying close attention to the deep breath.
- Allow the breath to open you as you consider the promises of the Lord.
- How is God faithfully executing justice and righteousness in the land?
- How is God faithfully executing justice and righteousness in your neighbor?
- How is God faithfully executing justice and righteousness in you?
- How are you faithfully executing right relationship with God?
- How is your neighbor executing right relationship with God?
- How is the world executing right relationship with God?
- How is God calling you to be more fully turned toward God?
- What is God’s message for you?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, December 2, 2012, the First Sunday of Advent (Year C)
1 Thessalonians 3:9-13
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD