1This is the reason that I Paul am a prisoner for Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles — 2for surely you have already heard of the commission of God’s grace that was given me for you, 3and how the mystery was made known to me by revelation, as I wrote above in a few words, 4a reading of which will enable you to perceive my understanding of the mystery of Christ. 5In former generations this mystery was not made known to humankind, as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit: 6that is, the Gentiles have become fellow heirs, members of the same body, and sharers in the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent mediation paying close attention to the deep breath.
- As you settle into your breath, consider the boundless riches of Christ.
- Name the way these boundless riches touch you.
- Allow these boundless riches to emanate from you and sit before you.
- Notice the faith of God that is represented in these gifts.
- How do you embrace this faith?
- How do you respond to this faith?
- How will you share this faith?
- What is God’s message for you?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, January 6, 2013, the Epiphany of the Lord (Year C)
Psalm 72:1-7, 10-14
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD