1 Happy are those whose way is blameless,
who walk in the law of the LORD.
2 Happy are those who keep his decrees,
who seek him with their whole heart,
3 who also do no wrong,
but walk in his ways.
4 You have commanded your precepts
to be kept diligently.
5 O that my ways may be steadfast
in keeping your statutes!
6 Then I shall not be put to shame,
having my eyes fixed on all your commandments.
7 I will praise you with an upright heart,
when I learn your righteous ordinances.
8 I will observe your statutes;
do not utterly forsake me.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Imagine your Christian community is with you in your meditation today.
- Notice how you are walking together in the way of the Lord.
- Notice how you seek God together with your whole heart.
- Notice how you feel an intimate connection to your Christian community and to God.
- Savor the blessing of your community.
- In he midst of the community that embraces your true self, how do you wish enter into a deeper relationship with God?
- How do you need your community to help you in this journey?
- Is there a trusted advisor you may call upon to help you?
- Notice your desire and God’s desire for you.
- What is God’s message for you?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, February 12, 2017, the Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year A)
1 Corinthians 3:1-9
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings (c) 2017 The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD