33 Teach me, O LORD, the way of your statutes,
and I will observe it to the end.
34 Give me understanding,
that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart.
35 Lead me in the path of your commandments,
for I delight in it.
36 Turn my heart to your decrees,
and not to selfish gain.
37 Turn my eyes from looking at vanities;
give me life in your ways.
38 Confirm to your servant your promise,
which is for those who fear you.
39 Turn away the disgrace that I dread,
for your ordinances are good.
40 See, I have longed for your precepts;
in your righteousness give me life.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Bring your attention to the Breath.
- Which phrase(s) captures you today:
- Teach me…
- Give me…
- Lead me…
- Turn me…
- Confirm me…
- What do you long to hear from God?
- Spend time sitting with the phrase(s) that captures you, inviting God to teach you something new about yourself, about the world, and about God.
- What is God’s message for you?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, February 19, 2017, the Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year A)
Leviticus 19:1-2, 9-18
1 Corinthians 3:10-11, 16-23
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings (c) 2017 The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD