1Now the LORD said to Abram, “Go from your country and your kindred and your father’s house to the land that I will show you. 2I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you, and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. 3I will bless those who bless you, and the one who curses you I will curse; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
4So Abram went, as the LORD had told him; and Lot went with him.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silence bringing your attention to the Breath.
- Let these words accompany the Breath. I am blessed. I am blessed. I am blessed. Let these words shower you as you year them. I am blessed.
- How do you feel blessed today?
- Let these words accompany the Breath.I am a blessing. I am a blessing.I am a blessing. Let these words shower you as you year them.I am a blessing am blessed.
- How do you feel called to be a blessing today.
- See yourself as a vessel of God’s blessing to others.
- What response arises in you?
- What is God’s message for you?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, March 12, 2017, the Second Sunday in Lent (Year A)
Romans 4:1-5, 13-17
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings (c) 2017 The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD