1Six days later, Jesus took with him Peter and James and his brother John and led them up a high mountain, by themselves. 2And he was transfigured before them, and his face shone like the sun, and his clothes became dazzling white. 3Suddenly there appeared to them Moses and Elijah, talking with him. 4Then Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here; if you wish, I will make three dwellings here, one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” 5While he was still speaking, suddenly a bright cloud overshadowed them, and from the cloud a voice said, “This is my Son, the Beloved; with him I am well pleased; listen to him!” 6When the disciples heard this, they fell to the ground and were overcome by fear. 7But Jesus came and touched them, saying, “Get up and do not be afraid.” 8And when they looked up, they saw no one except Jesus himself alone.
9As they were coming down the mountain, Jesus ordered them, “Tell no one about the vision until after the Son of Man has been raised from the dead.”
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silence bringing your attention to the Breath.
- Allow the Breath to free your hearing.
- Listen with your ears.
- Allow the Breath to free your sight.
- Listen with your eyes.
- Allow the Breath to free your nose.
- Listen with your smell.
- Allow the Breath to free your mouth
- Listen with your taste.
- Allow the Breath to free your body.
- Listen with your body.
- Invite God to free any place in you that feels tension.
- Listen to this place.
- Listen to Jesus the Redeeming One.
- Listen to Holy Spirit the Sustaining One.
- Listen to God the Creating One.
- What is your message from God?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, March 26, 2017, the Transfiguration of the Lord (Year A)
2 Peter 1:16-21
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings (c) 2017 The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD