During Holy Week, Readings and Meditations will be posted up to four times a day around 6 am, 12 pm, 3 pm, 6 pm
1 Be pleased, O God, to deliver me.
O LORD, make haste to help me!
2 Let those be put to shame and confusion
who seek my life.
Let those be turned back and brought to dishonor
who desire to hurt me.
3 Let those who say, “Aha, Aha!”
turn back because of their shame.
4 Let all who seek you
rejoice and be glad in you.
Let those who love your salvation
say evermore, “God is great!”
5 But I am poor and needy;
hasten to me, O God!
You are my help and my deliverer;
O LORD, do not delay!
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silence bringing your attention to the Breath.
- Who are the ones who are seeking your life?
- Who wants to hurt you?
- Who is judging you because of their own shame?
- Deliver me, O God, from death and hurt and judgment and shame..
- I need your help now to free me from these places of bondage.
- Deliver me so that I may return to you and rejoice in you.
- Deliver me.
- What is your message from God?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Wednesday, April 12, 2017, the Wednesday of Holy Week (Year A)
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings (c) 2017 The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD