42They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.
43Awe came upon everyone, because many wonders and signs were being done by the apostles. 44All who believed were together and had all things in common; 45they would sell their possessions and goods and distribute the proceeds to all, as any had need. 46Day by day, as they spent much time together in the temple, they broke bread at home and ate their food with glad and generous hearts, 47praising God and having the goodwill of all the people. And day by day the Lord added to their number those who were being saved.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silence bringing your attention to the Breath.
- How do you wish to set your intention on devotion today?
- Look at the things you have been doing in these areas:
- How are you devoting yourself to Christ’s teachings?
- How are you devoting yourself to the fellowship of the Holy Spirit?
- How are you devoting yourself in hospitality sharing the love of God?
- How has God been revealed to you in your devotion?
- How do you wish to share this devotion with others?
- How will the goodwill of the people share their devotion with you?
- What is your message from God?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, May 7, 2017, the Fourth Sunday of Easter (Year A)
1 Peter 2:19-25
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings (c) 2017 The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD