1 How very good and pleasant it is
when kindred live together in unity!
2 It is like the precious oil on the head,
running down upon the beard,
on the beard of Aaron,
running down over the collar of his robes.
3 It is like the dew of Hermon,
which falls on the mountains of Zion.
For there the LORD ordained his blessing,
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silence bringing your attention to the Breath.
- Remember a place you experienced recently where God ordained the blessing of life for you and others.
- Describe the blessing with all of your senses: what do you see, hear, smell, feel, taste?
- How did you receive the blessing?
- How do you see this blessing in others?
- Where do you carry this blessing within you?
- How does this blessing connect you?
- What is your message from God?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, August 20, 2017, the Twentieth Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year A)
Romans 11:102a, 29-32
Matthew 15:(10-20) 21-28
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings (c) 2017 The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD