Psalm 107:1-7, 33-37
1 O give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
for his steadfast love endures for ever.
2 Let the redeemed of the LORD say so,
those he redeemed from trouble
3 and gathered in from the lands,
from the east and from the west,
from the north and from the south.
4 Some wandered in desert wastes,
finding no way to an inhabited town;
5 hungry and thirsty,
their soul fainted within them.
6 Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble,
and he delivered them from their distress;
7 he led them by a straight way,
until they reached an inhabited town.
33 He turns rivers into a desert,
springs of water into thirsty ground,
34 fruitful land into a salty waste,
because of the wickedness of its inhabitants.
35 He turns a desert into pools of water,
a parched land into springs of water.
36 And there he lets the hungry live,
and they establish a town to live in;
37 they sow fields, and plant vineyards,
and get a fruitful yield.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silence bringing your attention to the Breath.
- Once you have found freedom with the Breath, do a quick scan of your body.
- What places in you are wounded and in need of attention?
- Invite God to gather these places together as God embraces you with love and compassion.
- Is there a river that needs to stop to that you can cross the dry land?
- Is there dry land that needs to be quenched with springs of water?
- Is there a place of hunger that God will nourish while the fields are established?
- Is there fruit to harvest and celebrate?
- In all things give praise and glorify God for God is in all things.
- What is your message from God?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, November 5, 2017, the Thirty-First Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year A)
Psalm 107:1-7, 33-37
1 Thessalonians 2:9-13
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings (c) 2017 The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD