1 Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
come into his presence with singing.
3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he that made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him, bless his name.
5 For the LORD is good;
his steadfast love endures for ever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Spend five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the deep breath.
- Listen for a joyful noise.
- What joyful noise do you hear?
- How does this joyful noise resonate in you?
- What joyful noise will you make in response?
- What freedom does this create in you?
- Notice your breath.
- How do the joyful noise and your breath intertwine?
- Does this bring to mind an image?
- What is your message from God?
- Give thanks to God for this time making joyful noise. Give thanks for any new insights you have received.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, November 26, 2017, Christ the King (Reign of Christ) Sunday (Year A)
Ezekiel 34:11-16, 20-24
Psalm 100: 1-5
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings (c) 2017 The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD