24“But in those days, after that suffering,
the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light,
25 and the stars will be falling from heaven,
and the powers in the heavens will be shaken.
26Then they will see ‘the Son of Man coming in clouds’ with great power and glory. 27Then he will send out the angels, and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the deep breath.
- What needs to be kept awake in you today?
- What is making you sleepy?
- Invite God into this place making you sleepy.
- Ask God to keep you awake.
- Do you notice any new freedom?
- Is there new space created in you?
- Tap into the energy that is keeping you awake?
- Savor the energy.
- Notice how to return to this energy.
- Give thanks to God for this time to be fully awake and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, December 3, 2017, the First Sunday of Advent (Year B)
Isaiah 64: 1-9
Psalm 80:1-7, 17-19
1 Corinthians 1:3-9
Mark 13: 24-37
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings. (c) 2017 The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD