1 LORD, you were favorable to your land;
you restored the fortunes of Jacob.
2 You forgave the iniquity of your people;
you pardoned all their sin. Selah
8 Let me hear what God the LORD will speak,
for he will speak peace to his people,
to his faithful, to those who turn to him in their hearts.
9 Surely his salvation is at hand for those who fear him,
that his glory may dwell in our land.
10 Steadfast love and faithfulness will meet;
righteousness and peace will kiss each other.
11 Faithfulness will spring up from the ground,
and righteousness will look down from the sky.
12 The LORD will give what is good,
and our land will yield its increase.
13 Righteousness will go before him,
and will make a path for his steps.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the deep breath
- Where do you notice God’s touch…
- in the world?
- in the people around you?
- in creation?
- in you?
- As you consider all of these places where God touches God’s creation, what similarities to you notice? What differences do you notice?
- Is there a message for you from God?
- Where do you need to feel God’s touch?
- Pray for you to be open to receive God’s touch in God’s time.
- Give thanks to God for this time to reflect on the ways God interacts in the world and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, December 10, 2017, the Second Sunday of Advent (Year B)
Psalm 85:1-2, 8-13
2 Peter 3:8-15a
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings (c) 2017 The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD