7 How beautiful upon the mountains
are the feet of the messenger who announces peace,
who brings good news,
who announces salvation,
who says to Zion, “Your God reigns.”
8 Listen! Your sentinels lift up their voices,
together they sing for joy;
for in plain sight they see
the return of the LORD to Zion.
9 Break forth together into singing,
you ruins of Jerusalem;
for the LORD has comforted his people,
he has redeemed Jerusalem.
10 The LORD has bared his holy arm
before the eyes of all the nations;
and all the ends of the earth shall see
the salvation of our God.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the deep breath.
- As you breathe, what peace do you realize?
- Someone has news to share with you.
- What peace is announced?
- What song arises within you?
- What comfort blankets you?
- What salvation do you see?
- What message does God have for you in this peace?
- What message does God have for the world in this peace?
- Give thanks to God for this new sense of peace and for any new insights you have been given.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, December 25, 2017, the Nativity of Jesus Christ Year B
Isaiah 52: 7-10
Hebrews 1:1-4 (5-12)
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings
(c) 2017 The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD