1 O sing to the LORD a new song,
for he has done marvelous things.
His right hand and his holy arm
have gained him victory.
2 The LORD has made known his victory;
he has revealed his vindication in the sight of the nations.
3 He has remembered his steadfast love and faithfulness
to the house of Israel.
All the ends of the earth have seen
the victory of our God.
4 Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth;
break forth into joyous song and sing praises.
5 Sing praises to the LORD with the lyre,
with the lyre and the sound of melody.
6 With trumpets and the sound of the horn
make a joyful noise before the King, the LORD.
7 Let the sea roar, and all that fills it;
the world and those who live in it.
8 Let the floods clap their hands;
let the hills sing together for joy
9 at the presence of the LORD, for he is coming
to judge the earth.
He will judge the world with righteousness,
and the peoples with equity.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the deep breath.
- God has fulfilled God’s promise to humanity.
- What joy arises in you?
- What joy arises in the earth?
- How does creation dance with you?
- Spend time in nature today seeing, hearing, feeling, sensing how creation sings forth the joy of the Lord.
- What do you notice within you as you experience the joy of creation?
- How do you experience the new birth of Christ again?
- Give thanks to God for joy in creation and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, December 25, 2011, the Nativity of Jesus Christ Year B
Isaiah 52: 7-10
Hebrews 1:1-4 (5-12)
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings
(c) 2017 The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD