1 Ascribe to the LORD, O heavenly beings,
ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
2 Ascribe to the LORD the glory of his name;
worship the LORD in holy splendor.
3 The voice of the LORD is over the waters;
the God of glory thunders,
the LORD, over mighty waters.
4 The voice of the LORD is powerful;
the voice of the LORD is full of majesty.
5 The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars;
the LORD breaks the cedars of Lebanon.
6 He makes Lebanon skip like a calf,
and Sirion like a young wild ox.
7 The voice of the LORD flashes forth flames of fire.
8 The voice of the LORD shakes the wilderness;
the LORD shakes the wilderness of Kadesh.
9 The voice of the LORD causes the oaks to whirl,
and strips the forest bare;
and in his temple all say, “Glory!”
10 The LORD sits enthroned over the flood;
the LORD sits enthroned as king for ever.
11 May the LORD give strength to his people!
May the LORD bless his people with peace!
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the deep breath.
- Ascribe to the Lord your life.
- What attributes of Creator God do you call upon?
- What attributes of Redeeming Christ do you call upon?
- What attributes of Sustaining Spirit do you call upon?
- Review these attributes.
- Which do you desire most today?
- How do these desires for God meet God’s desires for you?
- Seek peace today in these desires.
- Glorify God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below?
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, January 7, 2018, the Baptism of the Lord (Year B)
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings
(c) 2017 The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD