15The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you shall heed such a prophet. 16This is what you requested of the LORD your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly when you said: “If I hear the voice of the LORD my God any more, or ever again see this great fire, I will die.” 17Then the LORD replied to me: “They are right in what they have said. 18I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their own people; I will put my words in the mouth of the prophet, who shall speak to them everything that I command. 19Anyone who does not heed the words that the prophet shall speak in my name, I myself will hold accountable. 20But any prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, or who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded the prophet to speak — that prophet shall die.”
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit is silent meditation five to fifteen minutes paying attention to the deep breath.
- As you pay attention to your deep breath, lower or close your eyes as you feel led, focusing on the inward voice.
- Seek the truth of the Lord within you.
- What word of Christ lives within you?
- Savor this word of Christ.
- What word of truth within you is Christ calling you to share?
- Who will receive this word of truth?
- What is Christ’s message for you?
- Give thanks to God for this time in seeking the Truth and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, January 28, 2018, the Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year B)
1 Corinthians 8:1-13
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings
(c) 2018 The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD