5 Your steadfast love, O LORD, extends to the heavens,
your faithfulness to the clouds.
6 Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
your judgments are like the great deep;
you save humans and animals alike, O LORD.
7 How precious is your steadfast love, O God!
All people may take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
8 They feast on the abundance of your house,
and you give them drink from the river of your delights.
9 For with you is the fountain of life;
in your light we see light.
10 O continue your steadfast love to those who know you,
and your salvation to the upright of heart!
11 Do not let the foot of the arrogant tread on me,
or the hand of the wicked drive me away.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silence bringing your attention to the Breath.
- Delight in the Lord.
- Delight in the steadfast love of the Lord.
- Delight in the faithfulness of the Lord.
- Delight in the righteousness of the Lord.
- Delight in the creation of the Lord.
- Notice how you desire to take refuge in the shadow of God’s wings.
- Notice how you desire to feast on God’s abundance.
- Notice how you desire to drink deeply God’s fountain of life.
- Notice how you desire to linger with God, to be filled with God’s love and energy and light.
- Let this love and energy and light fill you.
- What is your message from God?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Monday, March 26, 2018, the Monday of Holy Week (Year B)
John 12:1-11 If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings (c) 2018 The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD