9If we receive human testimony, the testimony of God is greater; for this is the testimony of God that he has testified to his Son. 10Those who believe in the Son of God have the testimony in their hearts. Those who do not believe in God have made him a liar by not believing in the testimony that God has given concerning his Son.11And this is the testimony: God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.
13I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying close attention to the deep breath.
- As you breathe, inhale that which you believe.
- Allow the testimony in your heart to be freed.
- Exhale that which is blocking the testimony in your heart.
- Inhale freedom.
- Exhale unfreedom.
- Hear the words again, “Whoever has the Son has life.”
- What life do you feel in your heart?
- Allow this life that you have created freedom around grow.
- Where does this life in the Son want to grow?
- What do you feel?
- What do you hear?
- What do you see?
- What do you smell?
- What do you taste?
- Hold the space for growth.
- What is God’s message for you?
- At the end of the day, check back in with yourself. What new growth did you experience today?
- Give thanks to God for this time in freedom and prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, May 13, 2018, the Seventh Sunday of Easter Year B
Acts 1:15-17, 21-26
1 John 5:9-13
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings (c) 2018 The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD.