- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying close attention to the deep breath.
- As you pay attention to your breath, allow your hearing to become heightened.
- Gently silence anything keeping you from hearing.
- What does your beloved God say to you?
- How does God woo you to follow?
- Notice any resistance in you to follow.
- What do you need for the resistance to disappear?
- Hear God wooing you to follow.
- Notice the path God has placed before you.
- What peace do you notice on the path?
- Take mental picture of the path, noticing details of flowers, landscape, color, smell.
- Carry this picture with you in case you lose your way.
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, September 2, 2018, the Twenty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year B
Song of Solomon 2:8-13
Psalm 45:1-2, 6-9
Mark 7:1-8, 14-15, 21-23
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings. (c) 2018 The Rev. Dr. Lil Smith, DASD