1To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
2O my God, in you I trust;
do not let me be put to shame;
do not let my enemies exult over me.
3Do not let those who wait for you be put to shame;
let them be ashamed who are wantonly treacherous.
4Make me to know your ways, O LORD;
teach me your paths.
5Lead me in your truth, and teach me,
for you are the God of my salvation;
for you I wait all day long.
6Be mindful of your mercy, O LORD, and of your steadfast love,
for they have been from of old.
7Do not remember the sins of my youth or my transgressions;
according to your steadfast love remember me,
for your goodness’ sake, O LORD!
8Good and upright is the LORD;
therefore he instructs sinners in the way.
9He leads the humble in what is right,
and teaches the humble his way.
10All the paths of the LORD are steadfast love and faithfulness,
for those who keep his covenant and his decrees.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying close attention to the deep breath.
- Push back your shoulders, opening your chest. Lift your chest as high as you can when you inhale. Feel yourself lifting your soul to God.
- Continue this exercise opening yourself, lifting your soul to God, and trusting God with your full being.
Offer your sins and transgression to God whom you trust with your full being.
- Feel the forgiveness and love showered upon you.
- God leads and teaches the humble.
- For those who are truly sorry, in the name of Jesus Christ, you are forgiven.
- On what path is God leading you today?
- Are there temptations on the path?
- How will God steer you away from temptation?
- What instruction do you hear?
- What do you need to let go to follow?
- What is God’s message for you?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, December 2, 2018, the First Sunday of Advent (Year C)
- Jeremiah 33:14-16
- Psalm 25:1-10
- 1 Thessalonians 3:9-13
- Luke 21:25-36