MALACHI 3:1-41See, I am sending my messenger to prepare the way before me, and the Lord whom you seek will suddenly come to his temple. The messenger of the covenant in whom you delight — indeed, he is coming, says the Lord of hosts. 2But who can endure the day of his coming, and who can stand when he appears? For he is like a refiner’s fire and like fullers’ soap; 3he will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver, and he will purify the descendants of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, until they present offerings to the Lord in righteousness. 4Then the offering of Judah and Jerusalem will be pleasing to the Lord as in the days of old and as in former years.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit is silent meditation five to fifteen minutes paying attention to the deep breath.
- As you pay attention to your deep breath, lower or close your eyes as you feel led, focusing on the inward voice.
- Seek the truth of the Lord within you.
- What word of Christ lives within you?
- Savor this word of Christ.
- What word of truth within you is Christ calling you to share?
- Who will receive this word of truth?
- What is Christ’s message for you?
- Give thanks to God for this time in seeking the Truth and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, December 9, 2018, the Second Sunday of Advent (Year C)
Canticle of Luke 1:68-79