3I thank my God every time I remember you, 4constantly praying with joy in every one of my prayers for all of you, 5because of your sharing in the gospel from the first day until now. 6I am confident of this, that the one who began a good work among you will bring it to completion by the day of Jesus Christ. 7It is right for me to think this way about all of you, because you hold me in your heart, for all of you share in God’s grace with me, both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel. 8For God is my witness, how I long for all of you with the compassion of Christ Jesus. 9And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight 10to help you to determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, 11having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit is silent meditation five to fifteen minutes paying attention to the deep breath.
- As you pay attention to your deep breath, lower or close your eyes as you feel led, focusing on the inward voice.
- Seek the Compassion of the Jesus within you.
- What Compassion lives within you?
- Savor this Compassion.
- What Compassion within you is Christ calling you to share?
- Who will receive this Compassion?
- What is God’s message for you?
- Give thanks to God for this time in seeking Compassion and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, December 9, 2018, the Second Sunday of Advent (Year C)
Canticle of Luke 1:68-79
(c) 2018 The Rev. Dr. Lil Smith, DASD. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings. Please give credit to author.