14 Sing aloud, O daughter Zion; shout, O Israel!
Rejoice and exult with all your heart,
O daughter Jerusalem!
15 The LORD has taken away the judgments against you,
he has turned away your enemies.
The king of Israel, the LORD, is in your midst;
you shall fear disaster no more.
16 On that day it shall be said to Jerusalem:
Do not fear, O Zion;
do not let your hands grow weak.
17 The LORD, your God, is in your midst,
a warrior who gives victory;
he will rejoice over you with gladness,
he will renew you in his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing
18 as on a day of festival.
I will remove disaster from you,
so that you will not bear reproach for it.
19 I will deal with all your oppressors
at that time.
And I will save the lame
and gather the outcast,
and I will change their shame into praise
and renown in all the earth.
20 At that time I will bring you home,
at the time when I gather you;
for I will make you renowned and praised
among all the peoples of the earth,
when I restore your fortunes
before your eyes, says the LORD.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit is silent meditation five to fifteen minutes paying attention to the deep breath.
- As you pay attention to your deep breath, lower or close your eyes as you feel led, focusing on the inward voice.
- Notice the wilderness part of you. Where have you been dispersed from your home?
- Embrace this wilderness part of you. Name the pain and suffering you have experienced.
- Love this wilderness place in you.
- Read these words of good news to this wilderness place within you.
- Hear the good news of this Advent season. I will bring you home.
- Savor this good news of Christ in the manger.
- Give thanks to God for this time in seeking the Truth and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, December 16, 2018, the Third Sunday of Advent (Year C)
(c) 2018 The Rev. Dr. Lil Smith, DASD. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings. Please give credit to author.