Canticle Isaiah 12:2-6
2Surely God is my salvation;
I will trust, and will not be afraid,
for the LORD GOD is my strength and my might;
he has become my salvation.
3With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. 4And you will say in that day:
Give thanks to the LORD,
call on his name;
make known his deeds among the nations;
proclaim that his name isexalted.
5Sing praises to the LORD, for he has done gloriously;
let this be known in all the earth.
6Shout aloud and sing for joy, O royal Zion,
for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit is silent meditation five to fifteen minutes paying attention to the deep breath.
- As you pay attention to your deep breath, lower or close your eyes as you feel led, focusing on your interior space.
- Notice the well within you.
- Describe the well.
- What is the name of the well?
- Embrace this well with in you.
- Return your focus to your interior space.
- Name any fear you are experiencing.
- Love this fear place in you.
- Let the cool water of the well speak to fear.
- Hear the good news of this Advent season. Trust God and do not be afraid.
- Give thanks to God for this time in seeking Trust and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, December 16, 2018, the Third Sunday of Advent (Year C)
(c) 2018 The Rev. Dr. Lil Smith, DASD. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings. Please give credit to author.