1 O sing to the LORD a new song;
sing to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Sing to the LORD, bless his name;
tell of his salvation from day to day.
3 Declare his glory among the nations,
his marvelous works among all the peoples.
4 For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised;
he is to be revered above all gods.
5 For all the gods of the peoples are idols,
but the LORD made the heavens.
6 Honor and majesty are before him;
strength and beauty are in his sanctuary.
7 Ascribe to the LORD, O families of the peoples,
ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
8 Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name;
bring an offering, and come into his courts.
9 Worship the LORD in holy splendor;
tremble before him, all the earth.
10 Say among the nations, “The LORD is king!
The world is firmly established; it shall never be moved.
He will judge the peoples with equity.”
11 Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice;
let the sea roar, and all that fills it;
12 let the field exult, and everything in it.
Then shall all the trees of the forest sing for joy
13 before the LORD; for he is coming,
for he is coming to judge the earth.
He will judge the world with righteousness,
and the peoples with his truth.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit in silence five to fifteen minutes embracing the great light that shines before you.
- Worship the Lord in holy splendor.
- Let a new song arise within you.
- He is coming.
- He is coming to love the earth.
- Sing for joy!
- What truth arises within you?
- What is God’s message for you?
- Give thanks to God for this time of new life and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Monday, December 24, 2018, Christmas Eve (Year C)
Luke 2:1-14 (15-20)
(c) 2018 The Rev. Dr. Lil Smith, DASD. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings. Please give credit to author.