GOSPEL JOHN 1:1-14
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was in the beginning with God. 3All things came into being through him, and without him not one thing came into being. What has come into being 4in him was life, and the life was the light of all people. 5The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overcome it.6There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7He came as a witness to testify to the light, so that all might believe through him. 8He himself was not the light, but he came to testify to the light. 9The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world.10He was in the world, and the world came into being through him; yet the world did not know him. 11He came to what was his own, and his own people did not accept him. 12But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God, 13who were born, not of blood or of the will of the flesh or of the will of man, but of God.14And the Word became flesh and lived among us, and we have seen his glory, the glory as of a father’s only son, full of grace and truth.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes paying attention to the deep breath.
- What light captures your attention?
- Stay with the light.
- Savor the light.
- What life do you feel in the light?
- What life needs to be awakened in you?
- Allow the light into this place that needs to be awakened.
- Feel the light slowly warming up this place that needs to be awakened.
- What is God’s message for you?
- Give thanks to God for the light and for awakening. Give thanks to God for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Tuesday, December 25, 2018, the Nativity of Jesus Christ Year C
Isaiah 52: 7-10
Hebrews 1:1-4 (5-12)