1Praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord from the heavens;
praise him in the heights!
2Praise him, all his angels;
praise him, all his host!
3Praise him, sun and moon;
praise him, all you shining stars!
4Praise him, you highest heavens,
and you waters above the heavens!
5Let them praise the name of the Lord,
for he commanded and they were created.
6He established them forever and ever;
he fixed their bounds, which cannot be passed.
7Praise the Lord from the earth,
you sea monsters and all deeps,
8fire and hail, snow and frost,
stormy wind fulfilling his command!
9Mountains and all hills,
fruit trees and all cedars!
10Wild animals and all cattle,
creeping things and flying birds!
11Kings of the earth and all peoples,
princes and all rulers of the earth!
12Young men and women alike,
old and young together!
13Let them praise the name of the Lord,
for his name alone is exalted;
his glory is above earth and heaven.
14He has raised up a horn for his people,
praise for all his faithful,
for the people of Israel who are close to him.
Praise the Lord!
- Light a candle to remember the light of Christ with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying close attention to the deep breath.
- As you inhale, think “Praise.”
- As you exhale, think “God.”
- Allow your breathing to be full, slow, and intentional.
- Praise God for hope.
- Praise God for peace.
- Praise God for all of creation.
- Praise God for your neighbor.
- Praise God for you.
- Let every breath praise God.
- Let all thoughts and words from your lips praise God.
- Let God fill every part of you with joy.
- Feel the Christmas joy in your praise.
- How does God want you to praise God today?
- What is God’s message for you?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, December 30, 2018, the First Sunday after Christmas (Year C)
1 Samuel 2:18-20, 26