1I give you thanks, O LORD, with my whole heart;
before the gods I sing your praise;
2I bow down toward your holy temple
and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness;
for you have exalted your name and your word
3On the day I called, you answered me,
you increased my strength of soul.
4All the kings of the earth shall praise you, O LORD,
for they have heard the words of your mouth.
5They shall sing of the ways of the LORD,
for great is the glory of the LORD.
6For though the LORD is high, he regards the lowly;
but the haughty he perceives from far away.
7Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
you preserve me against the wrath of my enemies;
you stretch out your hand,
and your right hand delivers me.
8The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me;
your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever.
Do not forsake the work of your hands.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying close attention to the deep breath.
- As you inhale, breathe in God’s steadfast love and faithfulness.
- As you exhale, let go of any tension keeping your from the freedom of God.
- Continue to breathe as you create freedom within you.
- Consider the midst of trouble you are encountering.
- Scan your body and notice where this trouble is located in you.
- Focus on this place of trouble as you continue to breathe.
- See God’s hand stretch out toward you as you share the trouble with God.
- Continue to share with God until you feel lightness created in the midst of this trouble.
- Invite God to show you a path through the trouble.
- The Lord will fulfill the Lord’s purpose for you.
- Keep awake during the day as you remain open to God’s leading hand.
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, February 10, 2019, the Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year C)
Isaiah 6:1-8 (8-13)
1 Corinthians 15:1-11
(c) 2019 The Rev. Dr. Lil Smith, DASD. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings. Please give credit to author.