Psalm 91:1-2, 9-16
1You who live in the shelter of the Most High,
who abide in the shadow of the Almighty,
2will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress;
my God, in whom I trust.”
9Because you have made the LORD your refuge,
the Most High your dwelling place,
10no evil shall befall you,
no scourge come near your tent.
11For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways.
12On their hands they will bear you up,
so that you will not dash your foot against a stone.
13You will tread on the lion and the adder,
the young lion and the serpent you will trample under foot.
14Those who love me, I will deliver;
I will protect those who know my name.
15When they call to me, I will answer them;
I will be with them in trouble,
I will rescue them and honor them.
16With long life I will satisfy them,
and show them my salvation.
- Light a candle to remind you of Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silence bringing your attention to the Breath.
- Bring your attention to the ways you trust your relationship with God.
- Sit in trust with God.
- Is there a particular situation or person that is calling for more trust in your relationship with God?
- Invite God into dialogue about this particular situation or person calling for more trust in your relationship with God.
- What trust do you need today?
- Is it familiar or unfamiliar?
- What specific answer do you need from God today?
- How will God answer you?
- How will you be prepared to listen for God’s answer?
- What is God’s message for you?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, March 10, 2019, the First Sunday in Lent (Year C)
Psalm 91:1-2, 9-16
(c) 2019 The Rev. Dr. Lil Smith, DASD. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings. Please give credit to author.