1O God, you are my God, I seek you,
my soul thirsts for you;
my flesh faints for you,
as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
beholding your power and glory.
3Because your steadfast love is better than life,
my lips will praise you.
4So I will bless you as long as I live;
I will lift up my hands and call on your name.
5My soul is satisfied as with a rich feast,
and my mouth praises you with joyful lips
6when I think of you on my bed,
and meditate on you in the watches of the night;
7for you have been my help,
and in the shadow of your wings I sing for joy.
8My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying close attention to the deep breath.
- Bring your focus to a wilderness, waterless place in your life today.
- Imagine sitting in the dry and weary land.
- Does this land have a name?
- Embrace the land and ask what the land needs from you? from God?
- Love the land.
- Notice the rich feast and compassionate rest the land wants to give you.
- Embrace this provision and sing for joy as you feel the presence of the Holy with you.
- Notice how your soul clings to Holy Love.
- What is God’s message for you?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, March 24, 2019, the Third Sunday in Lent (Year C)
- Isaiah 55:1-9
- Psalm 63:1-8
- 1 Corinthians 10:1-13
- Luke 13:1-9
(c) 2019 The Rev. Dr. Lil Smith, DASD. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings. Please give credit to author.