16Thus says the LORD,
who makes a way in the sea,
a path in the mighty waters,
17who brings out chariot and horse,
army and warrior;
they lie down, they cannot rise,
they are extinguished, quenched like a wick:
18Do not remember the former things,
or consider the things of old.
19I am about to do a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.
20The wild animals will honor me,
the jackals and the ostriches;
for I give water in the wilderness,
rivers in the desert,
to give drink to my chosen people,
21the people whom I formed for myself
so that they might declare my praise.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying close attention to the deep breath.
- Bring your attention to your journey in the wilderness today.
- It is a new day, and God is doing a new thing.
- Look for what is new in the wilderness today.
- What is significant about the newness?
- How is god providing the water to sustain you?
- What is God’s message for you?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, April, 2019, the Fifth Sunday in Lent (Year C)
- Isaiah 43:16-21
- Psalm 126
- Philippians 3:4b-14
- John 12:1-8
(c) 2019 The Rev. Dr. Lil Smith, DASD. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings. Please give credit to author.