9 Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am in distress;
my eye wastes away from grief,
my soul and body also.
10 For my life is spent with sorrow,
and my years with sighing;
my strength fails because of my misery,
and my bones waste away.
11 I am the scorn of all my adversaries,
a horror to my neighbors,
an object of dread to my acquaintances;
those who see me in the street flee from me.
12 I have passed out of mind like one who is dead;
I have become like a broken vessel.
13 For I hear the whispering of many —
terror all around! —
as they scheme together against me,
as they plot to take my life.
14 But I trust in you, O LORD;
I say, “You are my God.”
15 My times are in your hand;
deliver me from the hand of my enemies and persecutors.
16 Let your face shine upon your servant;
save me in your steadfast love.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silence bringing your attention to the Breath.
- The morning brought Hosannas and rejoicing.
- As the day goes on the distress and the grief returns.
- Something is not right. I have lost sight of you.
- I hear the whispers of those who plot to take my life.
- Who is plotting to take your life? Who wants you to turn away from God?
- Turn to the light and feel the warmth on your face. Feel the face of God shine upon you.
- Stay turned to the light as you invite God to deliver you from your enemies.
- What is your message from God?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, April 14, 2019, Palm Sunday (Passion Sunday) (Year C)
- Liturgy of the Palms Luke 19:28-40
- Psalm 118:1-2, 19-29
- Liturgy of the Passion Isaiah 50:4-9a
- Psalm 31:9-16
- Philippians 2:5-11
- Luke 22:14-23:56
(c) 2019 The Rev. Dr. Lil Smith, DASD. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings. Please give credit to author.