During Holy Week, Readings and Meditations will be posted up to four times a day around 6 am, 12 pm, 3 pm, 6 pm
1 Listen to me, O coastlands,
pay attention, you peoples from far away!
The LORD called me before I was born,
while I was in my mother’s womb he named me.
2 He made my mouth like a sharp sword,
in the shadow of his hand he hid me;
he made me a polished arrow,
in his quiver he hid me away.
3 And he said to me, “You are my servant,
Israel, in whom I will be glorified.”
4 But I said, “I have labored in vain,
I have spent my strength for nothing and vanity;
yet surely my cause is with the LORD,
and my reward with my God.”
5 And now the LORD says,
who formed me in the womb to be his servant,
to bring Jacob back to him,
and that Israel might be gathered to him,
for I am honored in the sight of the LORD,
and my God has become my strength —
6 he says,
“It is too light a thing that you should be my servant
to raise up the tribes of Jacob
and to restore the survivors of Israel;
I will give you as a light to the nations,
that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth.”
7 Thus says the LORD,
the Redeemer of Israel and his Holy One,
to one deeply despised, abhorred by the nations,
the slave of rulers,
“Kings shall see and stand up,
princes, and they shall prostrate themselves,
because of the LORD, who is faithful,
the Holy One of Israel, who has chosen you.”
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silence bringing your attention to the Breath.
- On this Tuesday of Holy Week remember that Jesus came to earth as a light to the nations, that His salvation may reach the ends of the earth.
- Remember Jesus teaches compassion and love.
- Remember Jesus gives mercy and His grace.
- Remember Jesus forgives you and your neighbor.
- Remember Jesus came for all to believe.
- How will you share the compassion and love of Jesus Christ with the world today?
- What is your message from God?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Tuesday, April 16, 2019 the Tuesday of Holy Week (Year C)
1 Corinthians 1:18-31
(c) 2019 The Rev. Dr. Lil Smith, DASD. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings. Please give credit to author.