During Holy Week, Readings and Meditations will be posted up to four times a day around 6 am, 12 pm, 3 pm, 6 pm
4 The Lord GOD has given me
the tongue of a teacher,
that I may know how to sustain
the weary with a word.
Morning by morning he wakens —
wakens my ear
to listen as those who are taught.
5 The Lord GOD has opened my ear,
and I was not rebellious,
I did not turn backward.
6 I gave my back to those who struck me,
and my cheeks to those who pulled out the beard;
I did not hide my face
from insult and spitting.
7 The Lord GOD helps me;
therefore I have not been disgraced;
therefore I have set my face like flint,
and I know that I shall not be put to shame;
8 he who vindicates me is near.
Who will contend with me?
Let us stand up together.
Who are my adversaries?
Let them confront me.
9 It is the Lord GOD who helps me;
who will declare me guilty?
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silence bringing your attention to the Breath.
- This Wednesday morning of Holy Week, invite God to waken your ear.
- Listen to your breath.
- Listen to the Breath.
- Listen to your heartbeat.
- Listen to the Beloved.
- Listen as God wakens the world around you.
- Listen to Creation.
- Who needs to hear the Good News today?
- It is the Lord God who helps you.
- The weary need to be sustained by the Word.
- Listen for those who desire to hear.
- What is your message from God?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Wednesday, April 17, 2019, the Wednesday of Holy Week (Year C)
(c) 2019 The Rev. Dr. Lil Smith, DASD. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings. Please give credit to author.