42And so, because it was the Jewish day of Preparation, and the tomb was nearby, they laid Jesus there.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the deep breath.
- The Light of the World was extinguished.
- How to you experience the unbelief?
- How do you embrace the emptiness?
- Where has Love gone?
- What does death have to teach you today?
- Be filled with hope and hear the good news of forgiveness and reconciliation.
- It is GOOD Friday.
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Friday, April 19, 2019, Good Friday (Year C)
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings (c) 2019 The Rev. Dr. Lil Smith, DASD