20“I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in me through their word, 21that they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one, 23I in them and you in me, that they may become completely one, so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. 24Father, I desire that those also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory, which you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world.
25“Righteous Father, the world does not know you, but I know you; and these know that you have sent me. 26I made your name known to them, and I will make it known, so that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.”
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the deep breath.
- Bring your attention to Holy Love, the unity of the Word.
- Feel the presence of Holy Love showering you with love, compassion, peace.
- Rest in Holy Love, the way God loved you before the foundation of the world.
- Let your lens widen as far as you can see Holy Love.
- Notice how you are one with the world as you are one with God.
- Feel the presence of Holy Love showering you and the universe with love, compassion, peace.
- Rest in Holy love, the way God loved you and the universe before the foundation of the world.
- What is God’s message for you?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received. Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, June 2, the Seventh Sunday of Easter Year C
Revelation 22:12-14, 16-17, 20-21
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings (c) 2019 The Rev. Dr. Lil Smith, DASD.