23Jesus answered him, “Those who love me will keep my word, and my Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24Whoever does not love me does not keep my words; and the word that you hear is not mine, but is from the Father who sent me.
25“I have said these things to you while I am still with you. 26But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything, and remind you of all that I have said to you. 27Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid. 28You heard me say to you, ‘I am going away, and I am coming to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, because the Father is greater than I. 29And now I have told you this before it occurs, so that when it does occur, you may believe.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the deep breath.
- Bring your attention to the Breath.
- The Breath is sent to you.
- Hear Christ say, “My peace I leave with you.”
- Hear Christ say, “My peace I give to you.”
- Hear the Breath say, “Do not let your hearts be troubled.”
- Hear the Breath say, “Do not let them be afraid.”
- Notice how the Breath desires to come to you.
- Sit in the peace of the Breath.
- What is God’s message for you?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received. Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, May 26, the Sixth Sunday of Easter Year C
Revelation 21:10, 21:22-22:5
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings (c) 2019 The Rev. Dr. Lil Smith, DASD.