32Now the whole group of those who believed were of one heart and soul, and no one claimed private ownership of any possessions, but everything they owned was held in common. 33With great power the apostles gave their testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great grace was upon them all. 34There was not a needy person among them, for as many as owned lands or houses sold them and brought the proceeds of what was sold. 35 They laid it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to each as any had need.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the deep breath.
- The second day of Easter. How will you celebrate the Resurrection today?
- What do you carry with you from yesterday, the first Resurrection day?
- What power fuels you to share your testimony?
- What do you have to share with others?
- Who do you know that needs something from you?
- What does the world need from you?
- What do you need from others?
- Who do you know that will give you what you need?
- What does the world have to give you?
- Who will Christ send to share with you?
- Give thanks to God for another Resurrection day and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, April 8, 2018, the Second Sunday of Easter Year B
1 John 1:1-2:2
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings (c) 2018 The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD